If breakfast really is the most important meal of the day we should know the best breakfast in East Vancouver. Breakfast and brunch are quickly becoming some of the most popular activities on weekend mornings. After extensive review here is our list of the best breakfast in East Van (in no particular order):
- Address: 101 Main St, Vancouver, BC V6A 2S5
- Phone: (604) 684-1555
- Website: http://www.deaconscorner.ca/
Located on Main St. between Gastown and Strathcona Deacons Corner is one of our favourite places to go to get full! The portions are huge, the grease is in abundance and the diner type atmosphere is welcoming to you no matter what state you are in. A Gastown favourite for those after a long night out. We recommend the chicken & biscuits with gravy or keep it classic with the Gastown Breakfast but be sure to get the cornbread!
- Address: 3250 Main St, Vancouver, BC V5V 3M6
- Phone Number: (604) 875-6246
- Website: http://www.elcaminos.ca/
Open for brunch only on the weekends, El Camino’s is a hit amongst Main Street residents. Know for it’s Mexican flair, the brunch will be filled with tortillas, black beans and a lot of flavour. They also serve some great drinks if you are trying to cure a hangover!
Save on Meats
- Address: 43 W Hastings St, Vancouver, BC V6B 1G4
- Phone Number: (604) 569-3568
- Website: http://saveonmeats.ca/
If you have driven down Hastings St, you have most definitely seen the Save on Meats sign. A true greasy spoon diner and the breakfast will not disappoint. Simple yet fresh foods make Save on Meats one of our favourites not to mention that they help to employ local Downtown Eastside residents.
- Address: 1298 East Hastings St. Vancouver BC, V6A 1S6
- Phone Number: 604-428-YOLK (9655)
- Website: http://www.yolks.ca/
Yolks started in East Van and because of the popularity has now opened a location Downtown and on the Cambie Corridor. The East Van location is still the best although it will likely be demolished soon for new development so we may be forced to head West. Known for it’s hand crafted breakfasts, fresh eggs, and delicious benny’s, Yolks will not disappoint.
Lucy’s Eastside Diner
- Address: 2708 Main St, Vancouver, BC V5T 3C7
- Phone Number:(604) 568-1550
- Website: http://www.lucyseastsidediner.com/
Lucy’s is located in the heart of Main St. and is open 24 hours. This simple, classic diner is home to some of the best hangover food in Vancouver. The menu is simple and the food is tasty. What more do you need?
More Breakfast Restaurants
East Vancouver has some of the best breakfast in the city. We were hard pressed to come away with just 5 places. We also love:
If there is any place we missed we would love to hear from you!Contact Us Today